COMMITTEE INFORMATION: Bremen Village Council and Committees for 2019
- The Village of Bremen’s Regular Council meetings for 2019 will be held the second Monday of each month. Residents are encouraged to attend and observe these monthly meetings at 7:00 P.M. at the Village Office located at 9090 Marietta Road. S.E., Bremen, Ohio. The Council is a gathering of the elected officials along with the Village Administrator, Sheriff Deputy, and the Village residents who have registered to speak on a specific topic. Anyone that wishes to register to speak at a Council meeting must call and be placed on the Village Agenda before 12:00 P.M. on the Friday before the Council meeting.
Mayor: Mike Henwood Council Member: Toni Harper Council President: Sherman Prince Council Member: Todd Wesaw Council Member: Debbie Wolfe Fiscal Officer: Crystal D. Pritchard Council Member: Scott Snider Administrator: Corey M. Spackey Council Member: Sue Henwood Sheriff Deputy: Kristy Peck
- The Committee On Financial Process will meet the last Wednesday of each month for the calendar year 2019. This committee will meet at 6:00 P.M. at the Village Offices. This committee’s legislative purpose is to review, investigate, and recommend Council action in all fiscal matters relating to the Village of Bremen; including budgets, appropriations, taxes, assessments, employee wages, benefits, and relations; expenditures, and general monetary policy, as well as issues pertaining to economic development and other special assignments. This committee will also oversee our Records Policy for retention and disposal of records.
Chair: Sherman Prince Members: Todd Wesaw, Sue Henwood
- The Committee On Administrative Process will meet every odd month on the second Tuesday in calendar year 2019. This committee will meet at 6:00 P.M. at the Village Offices. This committee’s legislative purpose is to assist the Village Administrator with administrative issues concerning the Village to ensure compliance with State and Federal Law involving grants, policies, and other special assignments which fall under an administrative capacity.
Chair: Debbie Wolfe Members: Toni Harper, Sue Henwood
- The Committee On Village Safety and Infrastructure will meet on the third Wednesday, every odd month during calendar year 2019. This committee will meet at 6:00 P.M. at the municipal building. This committee’s legislative purpose is to review, investigate, and recommend Council action in all matters involving the general safety of the Village, the planning and execution of the Village streets and Village utilities. This includes matters concerning public buildings, personal safety, home safety, and civil defense; traffic safety, parking issues, traffic flow; matters relating to sidewalks, streets, and alleys; matters relating to the storm and sanitary sewers, public water system, garbage and recycling collection as well as the general safety and well-being of the Village and her residents.
Chair: Toni Harper Members: Scott Snider, Sherman Prince
- The Committee on Parks & Recreation will meet on the first Tuesday, every even month, during calendar year 2019. This committee will meet at 6:00 P.M. at the Village Offices. This committee’s legislative purpose is to review, investigate, and recommend Council action in all matters of recreational facilities, beautification of public park lands, public park safety issues, swimming pool operations, and any other special assignments.
Chair: Scott Snider Members: Debbie Wolfe, Todd Wesaw
- The Committee On Zoning, Property Maintenance, and Planning will meet on the first Wednesday of each month in calendar year 2019. This committee will meet at 6:30 P.M., at the Village Offices. This committee’s legislative purpose is to review, investigate, and recommend to Council action to modifications of the Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Maps; site development plans and Zoning amendments. In addition, this committee handles all issues of permits, recommendations from our Code Enforcement Officer, and participates in Village planning activities. This committee handles items such as annexation and cooperative ventures with adjoining townships and land owners.
Chair: Sue Henwood Village Representatives: Billy Montgomery, Lee Sparks, Rebecca Snider
- The Economic Development Board meets on an as-needed basis at 6:00 PM.
Chair: Todd Wesaw Member: Scott Snider Village Representatives: Rich Lines – Lines Auto Service, John Boone – Stuart Burial Vaults, Mark Morgan – Morgan Funeral Home